Job seekers! Are you looking for jobs in Sydney city?
Have you been tirelessly looking for jobs in Sydney city? Are you wondering where to find Sydney city jobs to cover your overwhelming living expenses?
Look no further, we have you covered!
In this blog, we will give you a comprehensive list of Sydney city jobs that are currently hiring, and we will provide you with some tips and tricks to make you a successful candidate.
Sydney city, also known as Sydney CBD, is the main commercial centre of Greater Sydney. It is estimated that Sydney is home to approximately 214,851 residents and is a popular destination for tourists, locals and job seekers. As the main commercial centre of Greater Sydney, modes of transportation centre go to and from Sydney CBD, including buses, trains, ferries, light rails, and taxis. Additionally, jobs in Sydney are rapidly increasing, which means it is the perfect location to look for your next job!
I have scoured the internet and have listed the 15 best jobs in Sydney city that are great opportunities for students, teens, job seekers with little to no experience, and/or job seekers who want to find a new career path.
Casual jobs in Sydney City
Multiple job vacancies at JRM Hospitality
JRM hospitality is a boutique hospitality consultancy firm, operating in Sydney. They are currently looking to fill in the positions of Event waitstaff, Barista, and Chefs.
Where is JRM hospitality located?
JRM hospitality is located at Level 1, Suite 104b/410 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills NSW 2010. As they are a hospitality and recruiting firm, they will relocate you to a cafe/restaurant in Sydney city.
What will be my tasks?
For the Event Waitstaff position, you will be expected to:
- Greet customers
- Drink service carrying a tray
- Food service carrying 3 plates
Your responsibility as a barista includes:
- Providing outstanding customer service across all aspects of cafe operations.
- Preparing and serving a variety of coffee.
- Maintaining best practices in all aspects of service
- Having the ability to manage the machine on your own.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment/tools.
Are you an experience barista looking for jobs?
The responsibilities of a chef at JRM hospitality are not disclosed on the job listing, but I have created a list of potential tasks that you may be expected to complete:
- Studying each recipe and gathering all necessary ingredients
- Cooking food in a timely manner
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Ensuring standard portions and quality of dishes
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen and ensuring sanitation practices in the kitchen
What requirements are needed for each role?
To succeed in the role of Event Waitstaff role you will need:
- At least 1 year of experience in Events or Restaurants service.
- Excellent food & beverage knowledge.
- High level of attention to detail and initiative.
- Exceptional personal presentation and grooming.
- Able to carry a tray of drinks and 3 plates of food.
- Coffee skills (preferable but not essential).
- MUST have a valid
For the barista position, you are required to have:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a barista.
- Latte art (basic essential).
- Excellent technical skills, high professionalism, and attention to detail.
- Strong appreciation for the specialty coffee industry.
- Well-presented and able to work in a team.
To be a successful candidate for the role of chef at JRM hospitality, your requirements include:
- At least 2 years of prior experience in a professional kitchen.
- Available on weekdays.
- High level of personal morale and appearance.
- Ability to work in any section.
- Positive attitude and willingness to promote a harmonious work environment.
It is not disclosed in the job listings, but I recommend (for all positions listed at JRM Hospitality) that you also can adapt and think quickly as the hospitality industry is often quite fast-paced.
What is the pay rate like?
The pay at JRM hospitality is dependent on your role and experience.
As listed on the job listings, you will be offered:
$30 - $40 per hour as a casual Event waitstaff, $30 - $50 per hour as a casual barista, or $30 - $60 as a casual chef.
Looking for hospitality jobs? Apply to Hospitality Jobs
How do I apply to these hospitality jobs near me?
To view and apply to JRM hospitality job vacancies, head over to our job search page and search ‘JRM hospitality in the keyword search box. Play around with the ‘Relevance’, ‘Newest’ and ‘Nearest’settings to view the most relevant jobs for you. Click on the job ads that you want to apply for, read through the job details and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
Seasonal Casual Team Member at Pandora QVB
Pandora is a Danish jewellery brand that is well-known for its affordable and customisable bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings. Pandora store is looking to hire a seasonal team member to join their QVB team.
Where is Pandora QVB located?
Pandora QVB is located in the Queen Victoria Building, at shop 45. Queen Victoria Building is directly above Town Hall train station and there are also many bus stops directly outside.
What are the operating hours?
Monday - Wednesday 9:00 am - 6: 00 pm / Thursday 9:00 am - 9: 00 pm / Friday - Saturday 9: 00 am - 6:00 pm / Sunday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
What are my responsibilities?
In this role you are expected to:
- Achieve and exceed individual and store sales targets by using key selling skills; focusing on KPIs to maximise each selling opportunity.
- Confidently promote the PANDORA brand, products and services to provide an unforgettable customer experience and encourage customer loyalty.
- Create and develop a bond with our customers by providing exemplary service.
- Support with all store operational tasks including stock management, operating the till system and handling financial transactions including returns and exchanges.
- Support your Manager and team by complying with all store policies and procedures, to keep the wider team and customers safe.
To be successful, what requirements do I need?
To be a successful candidate, you will need:
- Prior experience in a KPI-driven environment
- Be an excellent communicator
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have a flexible schedule
Although it is not listed, I recommend that you have a passion for jewellery to be successful in this position.
How do I apply?
To apply for this Pandora job, you will need to head to the Pandora job page and type in “Seasonal Casual Sales Team Member” in the key search box and enter your location e.g. “Sydney CBD” in the location search box. Click on the job listing that is relevant to you, read the job details and at the bottom of the page click “Apply now” to submit your application.
Pandora is also hiring for other Sydney locations such as its Pitt Street and World Square shops, so to increase your chances of working at Pandora, I suggest applying for those locations as well.
Casual Fresh Convenience Team Member at Woolworths Metro Sydney
Woolworths is Australia’s largest supermarket chain in Australia. Woolworths Metro Sydney is looking for a casual team member to join their team, in the Met Centre.
Where is Woolworths Metro Sydney located?
Woolworths Metro Sydney is located in the Met Centre, which is at 60 Margaret St, Sydney NSW 2000. It is in the same building as Wynyard train station, which is perfect for those planning to commute to work.
What are the operating hours?
The operating hours are:
Monday - Friday 6 am - 8 pm.
As a casual team member, your shifts may be scheduled for the following shifts: Monday Daytime (6 am - 4 pm), Wednesday Daytime (6 am - 4 pm) and Thursday Daytime (6 am - 4pm).
What will my tasks include?
As a team member, your tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Helping drive sales
- Providing exceptional customer service
- General cleaning
- Money handling
- Food handling
- Stock replenishment
What will my pay rate be?
Woolworths does not disclose its pay rate, however, based on the experiences of past and present employees the average pay rate for a casual team member is between $25 - $27 per hour. However, this is only an estimation and your pay rate may be higher or lower. Please check the job ad for the latest details and/or contact the hiring manager for further details.
How can I apply for this Woolworths casual job?
To apply for this Woolworths job vacancy, go to WOW careers and search ‘838675’ in the keyword search box. For easier viewing, I suggest you play around with the search settings such as ‘location’ and ‘expertise’. Click on the relevant job ad for you, read through the job details and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
Multiple Casual Jobs at Australian Cruise Group
Australian Cruise Group is a tourism and hospitality company in Sydney. They offer different types of cruises which include dinner cruises, lunch cruises, sightseeing cruises, private cruises, and whale-watching cruises. Australia Cruise Group is hiring for multiple casual positions, including Kitchen Hands, Wait Staff, and Chef/Cook.
Where is the Australian Cruise Group located?
Australian Cruise Group is located at 32 The Promenade, King Street Wharf 5, Sydney NSW 2000.
What days will I be working?
The cruises operated from Friday - Sunday, so availability on weekends is a must!
What will my tasks be?
For Kitchen hands, your duties will include:
- Kitchen set up and breakdown.
- Washing dishes including crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, and other kitchen items.
- Unpacking and storing fresh food, dry store, and equipment.
- Preparation of basic ingredients.
- Support Cooks/Chefs and other kitchen staff as required.
Your duties as a Wait Staff will be:
- Customer greeting and seat settlement.
- Taking food and drink orders, and entering details into POS.
- Serving food drink orders
- General cleaning.
As a Chef/Cook, you will be in charge of:
- Maintaining standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance.
- Overseeing the operations of the kitchen and other kitchen members.
- Setting up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment.
- Ensuring the kitchen is clean and safe.
Excited about the possibility of working on a cruise?
What requirements do I need to meet to be successful?
Although it is not mentioned in the job listings, I think these are the basic requirements that need to be met, for you to succeed.
For Kitchen Hands, you will need:
- Prior kitchen hand experience (preferred but not essential).
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent food & beverage knowledge.
- Attention to detail.
To be a successful candidate as a Wait Staff, you will be:
- Fluent in English.
- Friendly and outgoing.
To get the position of Chef/Cook, you will need:
- To be well-presented.
- To be fluent in English.
- To be Friendly and outgoing.
- Have prior experience working in a commercial kitchen.
What benefits will I receive?
The perks and benefits at Australia Cruise Group include:
- Working in an amazing and supportive team.
- Above award pay rate.
- Fantastic cruise experiences.
- Easily accessible location.
I’m interested! How do I apply for these casual jobs?
To view and apply to these Australian Cruise Group job vacancies on sparestaff, search ‘Australian Cruise Group’, in the keyword search box and sort by ‘Relevance’. Click on the job(s) you want to apply for, read through the details and click on ‘Apply’ to submit your application.
Part-time jobs in Sydney City
Part-time retail assistants and specialists at Mecca
Mecca is a beauty and cosmetic retailer that sells hundreds of exclusive beauty brands in Australia and New Zealand. Mecca is looking to hire permanent part-time and casual retail assistants for their Sydney stores.
Where are the Sydney Mecca stores located?
There are 5 Mecca stores located in Sydney city.
- Mecca Cosmetica The Strand
- Mecca Myer Sydney
- Mecca George Street
- Mecca Comestica Paddington
- Mecca Broadway -
What is the pay rate like?
Mecca does not disclose the hourly pay for retail assistants to the public, however, on Glassdoor it is said that retail assistants at Mecca get offered $25 - $28 per hour. This is only an estimation so your pay rate may differ. Please contact the Mecca hiring manager for further details.
What are the tasks and requirements?
Your job as a retail assistant, also called Store Hosts, and specialists will include:
- Back-to-back makeup and beauty services.
- Answering customers' enquiries.
- Provide the ultimate customer experience.
- Stocking shelves and occasional inventory management.
- Ensuring shelves and stock is clean and tidy for customers.
And to be a successful candidate you will need:
- Have a passion for beauty and makeup.
- Have the ability to provide empathetic, memorable and authentic customer interactions.
- The ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Prior customer service experience is essential.
- A flexible work schedule, with weekend availability.
How do I apply?
To apply to be a retail assistant at Mecca, apply on Mecca Careers by ‘Retail Assistants’ in the keyword search box and select ‘New South Wales’ in the location box. Click on the relevant job listing, read through the details and click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.
Barista at Margot Espresso
Margot Espresso is a small coffee shop located in Barangaroo. They are looking to hire a barista to join their team.
Where is Margot Espresso?
Margot Espresso is located at 1 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000. They are a minute's walk from Wynyard Station (Clarence Street exit).
What are their operating times?
The operating hours are:
Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 1:30 pm / Saturday & Sunday closed
You will be working roughly ~20 hours per week.
What are my duties and requirements?
As a barista at Margot Espresso, your tasks will include:
- Setting up coffee grinding and brewing equipment
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan and speciality beverages.
- Cleaning and sanitising work areas, utensils and equipment.
Looking for barista and cafe jobs?
To be a successful candidate you will need:
- To be great at stock management.
- Great barista skills.
- Strong communication skills.
This Sydney barista job is for me, how do I apply?
To apply for the Margot Espresso job vacancy on our job page, type in ‘Margot Espresso’ in the keyword search box and sort by ‘relevance’. Click on the barista job ad and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
This job also takes walk-in interviews during their operating hours, so you are able to show up any time and be interviewed on the spot!
Room Attendant / Public Area Attendant / Houseperson at Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
Novotel is a french midscale hotel chain owned by Accor Hotel. Novotel Darling Harbour is looking to fill the position of room attendant/ houseperson /public area attendant.
Where is Novotel Sydney Darling Square located and how do I get there?
Novotel Sydney Darling Habour is located at 17 Little Pier St, Haymarket, NSW 2000. It’s a 4-minute walk from Paddy’s Market light rail and is opposite the Chinese Garden of Friendship in south Darling Harbour.
What are my duties and job requirements?
For Room Attendants, your duties will include:
- Cleaning all assigned guestrooms to standard
- Taking the initiative to add a personalized experience for the guest
- Taking ownership of guests’ privacy and belongings, while ensuring exceptional service
As a Public area attendant/ houseperson, your duties will be:
- Creating a sparkling environment front of house - Entrance, Foyer, F&B outlets, Bathrooms
- Stocking & caring for linen & pantries
- Moving & making additional bedding such as rollaway & cots
- Programmed cyclical cleaning
- Rubbish handling & recycling
How much will I be paid?
As per the job ad, you will be paid $20 - $30 per hour. It is noted that this is an estimate only and may be subject to change by the hiring manager. Make sure to check the job listing for the latest information.
What benefits do I get with this job?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
How can I apply?
You can find this Novotel Sydney job vacancy on our job search page by typing in “Novotel Sydney” in the keyword box. Click the job ad, go through their job description and click ‘Apply’ to submit your resume.
Admin Assistant at S-Core Group (S2M)
S-Core Group, also known as S2M, is an employment agency that focuses on high-growth technology companies, governments, and corporations. S2M is looking to hire a part-time junior office manager to join their office in Surry Hills.
Where is the office located and is it near public transport?
The S2M office is located at Suite 305/50 Holt St, Surry Hills. It is a 4-minute walk from the Surry Hills Light Rail stop and an 8-minute walk to Central train station.
What are the operating hours?
S2M does not disclose their operating hours but I believe it will be the normal business day working hours of 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. However, I suggest you contact the hiring manager for further details.
In the job listing, S2M highlights that you will be working 3 days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
What’s the pay like?
You will be offered $20 - $40 per hour, however, this may be subject to change so please check the job ad for the latest details.
What benefits will I receive from this position?
- A great,
- Staff events, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Lots of freebies and fun lunches.
- The opportunity to learn something new every day in this exciting industry.
What will my duties be?
As junior office manager, you will be expected to carry out these daily duties:
- Creating word documents.
- Answering calls.
- Sales Support.
- Basic Social Media Management.
- Day-to-day office management.
- Events organising and management.
- Creating PowerPoints / Canva pages for promotions / Photoshop.
- Creating copy.
- Managing SNR staff diaries.
- General admin.
What requirements do I need to meet to apply?
In order to be a successful candidate for this role, you will need to currently be a Jnr Admin / Office Assistant / Jnr PA / Jnr EA with at least 1 year of real experience in a similar role within any industry. You will also need to have an interest in digital marketing and have some basic social media experience.
Additional skills you will need include:
- Excellent English language, reading and writing skills.
- Great at editing and creating copy using MS Office Suite.
- Have a creative flare.
- Experience in Adobe/Canva or similar.
How do I apply?
To apply for this S2M job vacancy, search ‘S2M’ in the keyword box on our job search page and sort by ‘relevance’. Click the relevant job for you, read through the job details and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
No experience jobs in Sydney City
Casual Inbound Tour Guide at Jom Australia Private Tours
Jom Australia Private Tours is an inbound tour operated in Sydney, they offer private and group tours for international travellers from South-East Asia. They are looking for someone to join their team as a casual tour guide. This position is based in Sydney but there is an opportunity for you to be a tour guide in Melbourne and Gold Coast.
What are the operating hours?
According to their Google business, their operating hours are
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm / Saturday & Sunday closed
However, you may be required to work on the weekends. Please speak to the hiring manager for further details.
What job requirements do I need to meet?
As this is a “no experience” job, training will be provided. However, the basic criteria that you will need to be are:
- Previous guiding experience is preferred but
- Be fluent in English and ideally Malay/Indonesian.
- Have good personal presentation and an outgoing personality.
- Be able to work independently, with little supervision.
- Organised and able to keep records of all work completed.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Be legally allowed to work in Australia.
What will my responsibilities be?
The job listing does not disclose what your duties will be but here are some responsibilities that I think you may be expected to do:
- Researching and planning tours.
- Preparing and giving presentations.
- Translating and interpreting (especially if you are fluent in Malay/Indonesian).
- Transporting and accompanying tourists.
- Provide first aid (if needed).
- Maintain written reports of daily activities.
- Lead tours.
- Answer questions, and provide knowledge and brochures.
What is the pay like?
Jom Australia Private Tours does not disclose what they pay to the public. I would once again, suggest speaking to the hiring manager for up-to-date information.
How do I apply for this casual job?
To apply for this casual inbound tour guide vacancy, head over to our job search page and type in ‘Jom Australia Private Tours’ in the keyword box. Sort by ‘relevance’ and it will be the first job ad you will see. Click on the job listing, read through the details and press ‘apply’ to submit your application.
Casual Kitchen Hand at Tenkomori Ramen House Sydney CBD
Tenkomori Ramen House is a small restaurant chain that serves authentic Japanese ramen. This is a no experience job in Sydney city, so job seekers with no experience are encouraged to apply as full training will be provided. They are looking for a casual kitchenhand to join their team at their Regents Place location.
Where is it located?
Tenkomori is located in Regents Place at 501 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000. Regents Place is located directly next to Town Hall station and in front of the city Light Rail.
What are the operating hours?
They are open 7 days a week from 11:30am - 10:00 pm.
What will my duties be?
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with food preparations
- Organizing ingredients
- Garnishing & plating dishes
- Cleaning dishes & kitchen equipment
How do I apply to this casual job?
To apply for Kitchen Hand casual position at Tenkomori, head to our job search page and search ‘Tenkomori Ramen House’ in the keyword box. Sort by ‘Relevance’ and click on the relevant job. Read through the job details and press ‘apply’ to submit your application.
Wondering if "there is any other restaurant openings near me that are hiring?" It's your lucky day as I have already made a list here. Some vacancies are easy to get as they require no experience.
Gelato Maker at Rivareno Gelato
Rivareno Gelato is a high-quality gelateria that serves authentic and traditional Italian artisan gelato. Rivareno Gelato is looking for someone to join their team as a full-time gelato maker.
Where is Rivareno Gelato located?
Rivareno Gelato has 4 locations, however, they are hiring for 2 of their locations in Barangaroo and Parramatta. They are more than happy to accept you in either location.
The Barangaroo location is at 9, Shop R9/33 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo.
The Parramatta location is at Shop 4.06 Parramatta Square, 12 Darcy Street, Parramatta. What are the opening hours?
The operating hours of Rivareno Gelato Barangaroo are:
Sunday - Wednesday 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm / Thursday 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm / Friday & Saturday 12:00 pm - 11:30 pm
The operating hours of Rivareno Gelato Parramatta are:
Sunday - Wednesday 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm / Thursday 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm / Friday & Saturday 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
What duties will I be in charge of doing?
Your main duty in this job is preparing food and making the gelato with the existing team of gelato makers.
What else do I need to know about this no experience job?
Despite the ‘no experience’ nature of this role, to be a successful candidate you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Experience in hospitality or gelateria is preferred, but
- A passion or experience in food preparation.
- Passion for the service industry and an interest in food.
- Can-do attitude is essential.
- Friendly, bubbly personality is essential.
- Can work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-presented & safety conscious - exemplary hygiene required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Happy to work weekdays and weekends.
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident, WHV) is preferred -
How can I apply for this role?
To apply for the role of Gelato Maker at Rivareno Gelato, search ‘Rivareno Gelato Barangaroo’ in the keyword box on our job search page and sort by ‘relevance’. Click on the relevant job ad and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
How to stand out?
Although there are many jobs in Sydney city, it can be competitive and stressful. Here are 5 tips to stand out.
Tailor your resume to the job you’re applying for – use those keywords.
Apply in-store and online.
Have a “can-do” attitude.
Look for “walk-in” interviews.
Try to make your job application reflect you.
Overall, many places in Sydney city are looking to hire job seekers to join their teams. From tour guides to retail assistants to even gelato makers, there is a job for you in the job market right now!
The jobs I have listed above are only 10 job listings out of hundreds of job vacancies out there in the Sydney CBD. From casual jobs to full-time jobs, there are many jobs in Sydney city, it's just about finding the right one for you. So my advice is to never give up and to always have a job alert set up for 'jobs near me'.
Are you looking for jobs?
Find your matched jobs on Australia’s best Free job site (including jobs with Walk-in interview)Find jobs
Are you an employer?
Post a job ad and start getting matched applications (no credit card required)Post a Job
About Spare Staff
Spare Staff is Australia’s job site, with much more.
As a job seeker, you can search and apply for jobs that match with your requirements, including jobs that take Walk-in interview. 100% Free.
As an employer, you can post Free job ads and find matched candidates based on location, skills, availability, wage expectation (plus profile photo) at the click of a mouse.