On behalf of our client, Caguioa Enterprise Pty Ltd is seeking for Dairy Farmer and Agricultural Technician that will join their team in a dairy farm located in regional Victoria.
Positions Available: Dairy Farm Positions
1. Dairy Farmer
Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Agricultural/Dairy Technician
Applicants must have at least a Diploma or 3 years of relevant experience.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Patient, Hardworking, Resourceful, Trustworthy, Loyal, Efficient
- Understanding and passion for the Dairy industry
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Constant monitoring of the Dairy Farm.
- Sound knowledge in Farming Techniques and Management.
- Demonstrate a broad and coherent body of knowledge of milk source and composition
- In-depth understanding of the safety and quality factors that determine the acceptability of dairy products by consumers.
- To be able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
Duties for Dairy Farmer:
- Supervision of Animal Husbandry and Feed Management.
- Managing all dairy cattle, heifers, dry cows and calves
- Managing plant equipment and infrastructure maintenance
- Achieving agreed budgeted and physical performance targets
- Managing milk harvesting, milk quality and staff rosters
- Ensuring compliance with workplace and OH&S Legislation
- Adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Duties for Dairy Technician:
- Manage the feeding program for springing cows.
- Inspecting and monitoring growth rates against targets.
- Nutrient Management Planning
- Arranging supply of vaccines, mineral supplements and other appropriate animal husbandry.
- Organise mating program for rising 2-year-olds
- Record all treatments to meet quality assurance requirements and farm policy.
- Select cows for Artificial Insemination, assist with semen selection. Mark inseminated cows and keep insemination records.
- Apply heat detection aids, identify, record, mark and draft cows on heat, segregate and prepare for insemination.
A remuneration package between $63,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year plus superannuation will be negotiated depending on skills and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please click the apply button to submit your application now.
Be careful - Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Don't transfer any money or complete suspicious online surveys