On behalf of our client, Caguioa Enterprise Pty Ltd is seeking for Dairy Farmer, Agricultural Technician and Dairy Cattle Farm Operator that will join a team in a dairy farm located in regional Victoria.
Positions Available: Dairy Farm Positions
1. Dairy Farmers
• Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Agricultural Technicians
• Applicants must have at least a Diploma or 3 years of relevant experience.
3. Senior Dairy Farm Operator
• Applicants must have at least a an AQF Certificate III (or equivalent) and
• At least one (2) year of recent and relevant work experience or
• At least five years of recent and relevant work experience
4. Dairy Cattle Farm Operator
• Applicants must have at least a an AQF certificate I (or equivalent)
• At least one (1) year of recent and relevant work experience in Australia
All applicants must meet the following criteria
• Patient, Hardworking, Resourceful, Trustworthy, Loyal, Efficient
• Understanding and passion for the Dairy industry
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Constant monitoring of the Dairy Farm.
• Sound knowledge in Farming Techniques and Management.
• Demonstrate a broad and coherent body of knowledge of milk source and composition
• In-depth understanding of the safety and quality factors that determine the acceptability of dairy products by consumers.
• To be able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
Duties for Dairy Farmer:
• Supervision of Animal Husbandry and Feed Management.
• Managing all dairy cattle, heifers, dry cows, and calves
• Managing plant equipment and infrastructure maintenance
• Achieving agreed budgeted and physical performance targets
• Managing milk harvesting, milk quality and staff rosters
• Ensuring compliance with workplace and OH&S Legislation
• Adhering of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Duties for Agricultural Technician:
• Manage the feeding program for springing cows.
• Inspecting and monitoring growth rates against targets.
• Nutrient Management Planning
• Arranging supply of vaccines, mineral supplements and another appropriate animal husbandry.
• Organise mating program for rising 2-year-olds
• Record all treatments to meet quality assurance requirements and farm policy.
• Select cows for Artificial Insemination, assist with semen selection. Mark inseminated cows and keep insemination records.
• Apply heat detection aids, identify, record, mark and draft cows on heat, segregate and prepare for insemination.
Duties for Senior Dairy Cattle Farm Operators:
• Plan all aspects of milk production processes including management and coordination of milking shed routines;
• Coordinate and implement reproductive programs, including artificial insemination and herd fertility management, detection of estrous and pregnancy;
• Assist in controlled breeding experiments to develop improved livestock strains;
• Implement calving procedures, including the ability to physically conduct unsupervised internal assessments to minimise the incidence of still births or injuries to cow or calf;
• Plan and manage pastures and crops for livestock production and develop livestock feeding plans.
• Analyse produce to set and maintain standards of quality;
• Supervise animal health programs, handle sick or injured animals and maintain an optimal environment for the
wellbeing of livestock consistent with the Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines – Cattle.
Duties for Dairy Cattle Farm Operators:
• Read and record instrument information i.e. Milk vat temperatures and cow numbers
• Undertake multiple functions, produce a quality outcome e.g. Farm machinery
• Operate milking plant and equipment.
• Operate standard measuring equipment
• Know general scientific terminology and assist with processes such as machine repair, artificial insemination, fertiliser mix design etc.
• Operate computerized system using menu options.
A remuneration package is between $63,000 to $90,000plus Superannuation will be negotiated depending on skills and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please click the apply button to submit your application now.
Be careful - Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Don't transfer any money or complete suspicious online surveys