All Car Parts Pty Ltd is looking for a qualified and experienced Motor Mechanic/Service Technician to work and be part of their team.
The main focus is to have a clear concept of Mechanical Repairs and to communicate directly with the customer and concerns. To be able to mentor apprentices.
KPA's Business Processes:
- Conferring with the Service Advisor to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, to discuss work to be performed, and future repair requirements.
- Providing expert advice in relation to the current mechanical condition of vehicles.
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions
- Assisting the shop foreman/lead technician in recruiting and hiring qualified service technicians as well as assisting technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed and monitoring performance and productivity
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet the manufacturer's performance specifications
- Testing components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Diagnosing and repairing unusual problems
- Reporting all necessary work, service, or repairs to Service Manager and record using in-house databases or reporting systems
- Ordering parts needed as part of service and repairs
- Assisting other technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of all mechanical issues and changes relating to dealer product range
- Ensuring the workshop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety and equipment condition
- Test driving and conducting final assessment prior to delivery to the customer
- Qualification as a Motor Mechanic/Light Vehicle Technician
- Must possess industry level certification to operate as a Motor Vehicle Mechanic in a relevant state, territory or jurisdiction
- Developed knowledge of the automotive industry
- Ability to work productively in an autonomous environment
- Highly motivated
- Customer service focused
A remuneration package between $55,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year plus superannuation.